TM44 The Legislation
The Energy Performance of Building Directive (EPBD) currently require the TM44 inspection of air conditioning systems in buildings with a cooling capacity over 12kW. The Energy Performance of Buildings Regulation (EPBR), who are implementing regulations for England and Wales, in line with the EPBD, require the air conditioning inspections to be completed to the following deadlines:
- All systems put in place on or after 1st January 2008 to be inspected within 5 years of installation
- All other air conditioning systems over 250kW output should have been inspected by 4th January 2009
- Any air conditioning systems above 12kW must be inspected by 4th January 2011
Any system that undergoes change of ownership where no inspection report is given to the new owner must arrange for a new TM44 inspection. The new inspection must be completed within three months of this change.
The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007
All inspections need to be carried out by an accredited Air Conditioning Energy Assessor and all reports must comply to the rules detailed in the TM44 reports.
- Helps reduce your carbon footprint
- Avoid fines and non compliance fees
- Cost effective; reduced CO2 saves money
- Reduce energy costs by becoming more energy efficient
- Identifies inappropriate and inefficient units and systems
- Provides further energy advice and details on appropriate service and management